- Now I feel for the first time in my life that I can go to hell. - What do you mean? "I mean, we are executing the Gift of God." I want to say, but what if I end up standing before God, and he will ask me why I did it? What do I answer that it was my job? My job?


"Green Mile" and "Escape from Shawshank" are knocked out of the style, the soul of the works of Stephen King, but the screen version of Frank Darabont made at the highest level. I will not compare the book and the film, since these are completely different types of art (but I admit that the book reveals the inner world and the heroes' experiences more fully), I will only say that both are worth reading / reading, and possibly repeated.

One of the main tasks of any work of art is to awaken feelings, evoke emotions in a person, make him think about complex things, look at the world differently. The history of John Coffey is the best performer of these tasks. This is a person who does not have special intellectual abilities (in other words, stupid), the longest monologue of which consisted of 5 sentences, a man who does not know how to tie his shoelaces himself causes an abyss of feelings and emotions. I will not say that I am especially sentimental, but after double-checking this film, I sobbed twice when Coffey was led to execution ... These were contradictory feelings: on the one hand, I realized that he did not deserve it, that it was terribly wrong, that it was just a monstrous act, but on the other hand, after the longest monologue of Coffey, I still realized how tired he is of his gift, how much he suffers from the pain he feels every day, and the pain of his loneliness ... And for him, this execution was liberation, it was salvation.

This film was remembered to me first of all by the feelings that he evoked. The actors play a piercing game, they express very subtly the experiences experienced by the characters of the book, they unconditionally believe and share their feelings and thoughts. The most memorable and emotionally charged moments of the film are the execution of Delacroix, which evokes hatred and disgust for Percy; the removal of Coffey for the healing of the wife of the prison governor, when you admire the decisiveness and courage of the whole team of Paul Edgecum, the wisdom and courage of his wife Janice; a conversation between Paul Edgecum and John Coffey, in which the most controversial feelings for Coffey are born; John's execution, here without comment; and the last footage of the film with Mr. Jingle and Paul's words that "we all deserve to die, without exception, but sometimes the Green Mile is too long," after which you experience the deepest sadness and devastation, as from exhausting physical work. But in fact, during all 3 hours of the film, I really experienced a hard and exhausting, but not physical, mental, moral, intellectual work, which ended in a real catharsis.

I have already said that it is important for me that a film or a book is not just entertainment, a means of shorter hours, but could make you think about some things, change or rethink elements of the worldview. And in this sense, I was strongly influenced by Janice, her courage, her worldly wisdom, her relationship with her husband, for me her thoughts and actions were an example to which you can rely in some moments of life. But this merit belongs more to the book than to the film.

I think, after all that has been said, it will be superfluous to advise to watch this film, so I will simply put the assessment:

10 of 10
Переводчик Google для бизнеса –Инструменты переводчикаПереводчик сайтов

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Good completion

Night of bloody madness

So, "Van Helsing", USA, year 2004